This is a collection of thoughts on getting better at stuff relating to running long distances, being an effective human being and achieving results in business (mainly in the world of IT projects and services).
Building on three principles:
- Everything we do in life is a skill that can be improved through practice.
- There are no shortcuts.
- Success is not the same as achievement. Success is entirely in your control. Achievement requires luck.
And following The Way of Endurance (modelled on the Way of the Warrior):
- I will never fall behind others in pursuing the Way of Endurance.
- I will always be ready to meet my responsibilities.
- I will dedicate my mind and body to grow in health and spirit.
- I will honour my family.
- I will serve compassionately for the benefit of others.
The Way cannot be grasped as a concept. It can only be known through the experience of living one’s everyday life.